“Worthy of special respect and praise in the Church are the laity, single or married, who, in a
definitive way or for a period, put their person and their professional competence at the service of
institutions and their activities. It is a great joy to the Church to see growing day by day the number of
lay people who are offering the personal service to associations and works of the apostolate,….”
Willis Joseph - 704-568-3813
- This commission inspects and inventories all parish properties, equipment, furnishings and facilities; it reviews and recommends needed additions, repairs, replacements and servicing, to be actuated, if needed, under a schedule to be submitted with the recommendation for the work.
- It discerns the use of parish talent where safety and performance do not require the use professional services.
- It prepares and recommends policies or guidelines to the parish pastoral council for the use of parish facilities, including security, utilities, services, and personnel. It is responsible to publish the approved guidelines.
- It prepares and recommends, in coordination with the other commissions, facility plans and improvements.
- It reviews parish insurance needs and makes suggestions with special reference to diocesan policies.
- It must prepare, carry out, and evaluate a yearly action plan based on the long range goals set by the parish pastoral council (in conjunction with all the commissions) as part of the parish pastoral plan
- It is responsible to prepare and propose to the parish pastoral council an annual budget for those supplies, equipment, and expenses necessary to carry out that plan.